Welcome to UMEA
State Festival Information
State Concert Band
Dr. Avery Lee Glenn, former Utah State Office of Education Music Education Specialist, passed away on July 21, 2014. UMEA expresses sincere condolences to his family and gratitude for his life of service to music education.
Link to Avery Glenn's obituary Avery Glenn Obituary
Check out the new NAfME website: NAfME.org
Do you want to present a session at the Mid-Winter Conference?
Apply to present a session here.
State Festival Ratings
2014 State Marching Band Results
2014 State Concert Band Ratings
2014 State Orchestra Ratings
2014 State Choir Ratings
A "Call" for Nominations
UMEA is issuing a call for nominations to the UMEA Board to replace board members whose terms will expire July 1, 2015. An election for these positions will be held at the St. George UMEA Convention February 6-7, 2015. The open offices include President-Elect, Orchestra Vice President, Jazz Vice President and Elementary Vice President. Please forward nominations with a short supporting paragraph to the nominating chair, Dr. Greg Wheeler: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for these nominations is September 30, 2014. We look forward to hearing from you.
UMEA Executive Council
Joining UMEA allows members to receive support and instruction from the state's largest professional music-teaching association as well as membership to NAfME, the largest national music educators organization. Click on the link to see member benefits and receive more information about joining UMEA/NAfME Membership Benefits
- Weber Marching Band Review, September 23, 2014
- Nebo Marching Band, Payson, September 27, 2014
- Bridgerland Marching Band, Logan, October 4, 2014
- Wasatch Front Marching Band, Salt Lake City, October 7, 2014
- All-State Choir Concert, Tabernacle, SLC, October 11, 2014
- Rocky Mountain Marching Band, October 11, 2014
- Davis Cup Marching Band, Davis HS, October 21, 2014
- Mt. Timpanogos Marching Band, Pleasant Grove, October 25, 2014
- Red Rocks State Marching Band Championships, St. George, October 31, 2014
- All-State Band & Orchestra Concert, Abravanel Hall, 2 p.m., January 24, 2015
- High School Honor Choirs Concert, Abravanel Hall, 1 p.m., January 31, 2015
- Jr. High Honor Choir Concert, Abravanel Hall, 7 p.m., January 31, 2015
- UMEA Professional Development Conference, Dixie Center, St. George, February 6-7, 2015
- Music on the Hill Day, State Capitol, Noon, March 5, 2015
- State Jr. High/Middle Band Festival, Libby Gardner Hall, March 19-20, 2015
- State Jazz Festival, March 27-28, 2015
- State Solo & Ensemble Festival, April 25, 2015
- State Concert Band Festival, Corner Canyon HS, May 1-2, 2015
- State Choir Festival, Libby Gardner Hall, May 8-9, 2015
- State Orchestra Festival, Salem Hills HS, May 15-16, 2015
- UMEA Marching Band Leadership Clinic, American Fork HS, May 30, 2015
Learn about UMEA's position in supporting music education on our Advocacy page.
Featured Advocacy Article:
"Arts Involvement and At-Risk Students"