Welcome to UMEA
- Oct 12-14, 2017, All-State Choir, Taylorsville H.S. and LDS Tabernacle
- Nov. 3, 2017, UMEA Red Rocks Marching Band State Competition
- Jan. 18-20, 2018, UMEA All-State Band, Bingham H.S., concert: Abravanel Hall
- Jan. 18-20, 2018, UMEA All-State Orchestra, concert: Abravanel Hall
- Jan. 18-20, 2018, All-State Jr. High Band/Orchestra (New Event), location: Abravanel Hall
- Jan. 26-27, 2018, UMEA Jr. High Honor Choir, Lakeridge Jr., concert: Abravanel Hall
- Jan. 26-27, 2018, UMEA Men's & Women's Honor Choirs, concert: Abravanel Hall
- Feb 2 & 3, 2018, UMEA Professional Development Conference, Dixie Center, St. George, Utah
- Feb. 2 & 3, 2018, All-State Jazz, concert: St. George Dixie Center
- Feb. 22, 2018, St. Jr. High Jazz, Sky Ridge H.S.
- Mar. 20-21, 2018, St. Jr. High Orchestra, U of U Libby Gardner Hall
- Mar. 22-23, 2018, St. Jr. High Band, U of U Libby Gardner Hall
- Mar. 23-24, 2018, St. High School Jazz Festival, Murray H.S.
- May 5, 2018, St. Jr. High Choral Festival (new event), Snow College
- Apr. 28, 2018, State Solo & Ensemble Festival (UHSAA), locations: TBA
- May 3-5, 2018, St. Band Festival, location: TBA
- May 10-12, 2018, St. Choir Festival, location: TBA
- May 17-19, 2018, St. Orchestra Festival, Salem Hills H.S.
Audition Excerpts for All-State Orchestra Available
Information about the 2018 UMEA All-State Orchestra, including audition information and excerpts can be found at: www.umea.us/allorch.php
2017 Conference Handouts
Some handouts from the 2017 UMEA Professional Development Conference are now available at: UMEA Handouts
Nominate someone to serve in UMEA Leadership
We are always looking for people that you think would make good UMEA board or committee members.
This year's (2018) election will decide the following positions:
Orchestra Vice President-elect
Jazz Vice President-elect
Elementary Vice President-elect
Contact Todd Campbell, UMEA President-elect, firstname.lastname@example.org to nominate an individual for UMEA leadership.
Join or Renew Membership in UMEA & NAfME
Joining UMEA allows members to receive support and instruction from the state's largest professional music-teaching association as well as membership to NAfME, the largest national music educators organization. Membership Benefits