Welcome to UMEA
- Jan 19-21 2017 Instrumental All-State (Band, Orchestra), SLC
- Jan 27 & 28, 2017 State High School Honor Choir, SLC
- Jan 27 & 28, 2017 State Jr. High Honor Choir, SLC
- Feb 3 & 4, 2017, UMEA Professional Development Conference, Dixie Center, St. George, Utah
- Feb 15, 2017 UMEA Capitol Hill Day, 4:30 p.m., State Capitol
- Feb 23, 2017 State Jr. High Jazz Festival (New Event)
- Mar 14 & 15, 2017 State Jr. High/Middle School Orchestra Festival, University of Utah
- Mar 16 & 17, 2017 State Jr. High/Middle School Band Festival, University of Utah
- Mar 18, Utah Percussive Arts Festival
- Mar 24-25, State Jazz Festival
- Apr 29 State Solo & Ensemble Festival (north & south locations)
- May 4-6, State Band Festival, Corner Canyon H.S.
- May 12 & 13, 2017 State Choir Festival at U of U
- May 18-20, State Orchestra Festival
Salt Lake Symphonic Winds to Perform at UMEA Conference
The Salt Lake Symphonic Winds will perform at the 2017 UMEA Conference in St. George, Utah. They will be the featured instrumental performing group for the 5 p.m. concert block on Friday, February 3.
The Symphonic Winds, under the direction of director Dr. Thomas Rhorer, plan to perform a program titled "Stories and Legends," with selections: Masque by Hesketh, Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin, arranged by Grofe, and a selection by Alcade.
More information may be found on the Conference page
of this website.
Ronald Carter and Luis Piccinelli join Adjudication Team for the 1st Annual UMEA Junior High Jazz Festival
Jazz Festival Information
Festival Information, adjudicator biographies and photos can be found at: umea.us/stjrhighjazz.php
Conference Registration Now Open!
Online registation for the 2017 UMEA Mid-Winter Professional Development Conference is now open. You can access the registration site here: Conference Registration Site
You may also register for the conference by mail. A registration form is included in the upcoming Utah Music Educators Journal.
2017 Candidates for UMEA Board Posted
Candidates for the 2017 UMEA Board election are being announced. Their photos, biographies and statements may be viewed on the Election Information page of the website: Elections
The election will be conducted online, beginning in mid January. It will continue until noon, February 4, 2017. UMEA members will be sent an invitation to vote via email. Members without an email address registered by UMEA will be sent ballots. Those who register as new members, or lapsed members who renew membership at the UMEA Conference in St. George, Feb. 3-4, will receive ballots.
Information has not yet been received from all candidates. Watch the Election page for future updates.
State Jr. High Jazz Festival information and application now available
Information, requirements and application for the new St. Jr. High Jazz Festival - click here
Reserve Early for Conference Hotels
UMEA has made arrangements with the following hotels for a discounted UMEA Conference rate. Members are urged to reserve hotel space early as these hotels will only keep these reserved blocks of discounted rooms up to a month before the conference.
St. George Hotels reserving a block of rooms for UMEA members
Join or Renew Membership in UMEA & NAfME
Joining UMEA allows members to receive support and instruction from the state's largest professional music-teaching association as well as membership to NAfME, the largest national music educators organization. Membership Benefits